District Water Restrictions
Always refer to your city or county opens in a new windowregulations first.
Effective Date and Areas
- The District’s year-round water conservation measures are in effect except where stricter measures have been imposed by local governments.
- The year-round water conservation measures shown below currently apply to all of Charlotte, DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Manatee, Pinellas, Polk, Sumter, Lake, and Levy counties; the City of Dunnellon and The Villages in Marion County; and the cities of Temple Terrace, Plant City, and North Port.
- Some local governments such as unincorporated Hillsborough County and the cities of Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and Tampa have local ordinances with special twice-per-week schedules.
- Some local governments such as unincorporated Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, and Sarasota counties, and the cities of Dunedin, Longboat Key, Sarasota, and Venice have local ordinances that remain on one-day-per-week schedules.
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect.
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a “30-30” establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water is only subject to voluntary watering hours, unless restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.