Council Meeting Guidelines
- Items listed on the agenda after the roll call, pledge of allegiance to the flag, and moment of silence / invocation are:
- Consent agenda
- Council business
- Public hearings
- Manner of addressing the Council: Upon recognition by the chair, the person shall proceed to give his/her name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. Statements shall be addressed to the Council as a body. No person, other than the person having the floor, shall be permitted to enter into any discussion without recognition by the chair.
- Personal and slanderous remarks: Any person making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks, or who shall become boisterous while addressing the Council, shall be asked by the chair to cease or be asked to leave unless permission to continue be granted by a majority of the Council.
- The City Council will take action only on those items listed on the agenda. Copies are available to the public and are located on the table outside of the Council Chambers.
- The mayor is the chairperson of the meeting. The deputy mayor assumes the chair in the absence of the mayor.
If you have any questions, please contact the City of New Port Richey by calling (727) 853-1016.