5939 Main Street
We transform lives with a curriculum that improves literacy, engages community, advances knowledge and sparks creative expression. Our curriculum includes participatory classes, individualized research assistance, innovative technology, relevant resources, and inspiring experiences that measurably empower our community.
COVID-19 Operating Changes (August Update)
Monday - Friday from 10 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5 PM. (Closed daily between 12:30 and 2:30 PM to sanitize)
Masks, Occupancy, and Facility Restrictions:
- The Youth and YA collections are open for browsing.
- Occupancy is limited
- Temperature checks are required for all patrons
- Masks are required to be worn at all times within the facility
- Browsing time is limited to one (1) hour
- Computer use is by appointment only (stations are sanitized after use)
- Meeting room reservations are currently unavailable
- Media donations (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) are currently suspended
- In-house programming is currently suspended
- Returned items are quarantined for 72-hours before being made available again for check out
Alternative Options for Social Distancing:
- Library express lockers are available to pick up books and other media
- The book drop is available for no-contact returns
- DVDs and other media may be returned at the drive-thru dropbox
- A personal shopper service is available by request
- Virtual resources are available for free with a NPRPL card or a virtual eCard
For more information about your account, or questions about library services and resources, please call (727) 853-1279.
Welcome back to the New Port Richey Public Library!
Media Catalog - Search for a book, article, or electronic resource
Wireless Printing - Access wireless printing or download to app
Reading with the Rays - Read your way to the ballpark with this homerun of a program
Library Director, Andrea Figart
Andrea, or Andi, brings several years of library experience to her role as the Director of the New Port Richey Public Library. If you have any concerns or a even a compliment, Andi is the one to tell!
Systems & Services Librarian, Stephanie Jones
Stephanie provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration and broad support for library hardware and software solutions; manages electronic resources; updates and developed adult collections in all formats; and serves as volunteer coordinator.
Member Support Librarian, Jeff McGill
Jeff provides frontline support to members and supervision to the Member Support Team. He answers research and reference questions, provides assistance with computers/mobile devices and library resources, and addresses member account and access issues.
Resource Management Librarian, Victoria Anderson
Victoria is our cataloging librarian who receives and catalogs all library materials within the Library's Integrated Library System (ILS). She also coordinates the Library's adult programs centered on arts, health and wellness, nature engagement, and sustainability; topics for which she has a passion for. Along with her traditional programming, Victoria also oversees the Tasty Tuesdays Community Market, the Library's local organic farmers market, the Art-On-The-Move collection, the Library's unique art for check-out collection, and the Library's solar project.
Youth Education Librarian, Jessica Meredith
Jessica creates a curriculum and collection that reflects the needs of our community's youth, ranging from infants through high school. Jessica develops innovative programming throughout the year and leads the Summer Library Challenge, and provides outreach to youth and families in our community.
Interested in joining the Library Advisory Board?
We currently have one alternate seat available for a City of New Port Richey resident.
Learn more here.