General Information & Requirements
- All applications for new businesses must be approved by our Planning and Zoning Division, and must meet all applicable building and zoning requirements before a new business tax receipt (BTR) will be issued.
- All applicants must pay a $50 application fee to cover administration costs in addition to the fee for their BTR.
- All businesses must acquire and show proof of their current Pasco County BTR and any required state licenses upon application and before approval.
- All businesses within the incorporated city limits of New Port Richey must obtain a city BTR before beginning to operate.
- Applicants opening a new business after April 1 will pay half of the fee for the remainder of the licensing year, along with a $50 application fee.
Renewal of Existing Tax Receipt
- All BTRs expire September 30 of each year and are renewable for the upcoming license year any time after August 1.
- All BTR renewal applicants are required to have current copies of their Pasco County tax receipt as well as any and all state of Florida licensing before a renewal can be processed and payment can be accepted. If all required paperwork is not included with the renewal, the renewal and payment if enclosed will be returned within 24 hours.
- If a BTR is not renewed by September 30, the applicant will be charged a 10% penalty for the first month and a 5% penalty for each month after that to a maximum of 25% of the license fee in accordance with Florida Statute 205.053.
- If a BTR is not renewed within 120 days, the applicant is subject to a $250 penalty fee (Florida Statute 205.053) as well as a Code Enforcement citation of $500 and additional court costs and fees (City Code Article IV Section 22-32).
How to Apply
Please fill out the New Business Applicationopens in a new window, and return with a copy of a Valid State Drivers License or ID and any applicable Pasco County and State licenses , along with the $50 application fee, to our office at:
5919 Main St.
New Port Richey, FL 34652.