The 2020 Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2020. All registered voters of the City of New Port Richey will have the opportunity to elect one person to serve as mayor for the City of New Port Richey. The mayor shall preside at meetings of the city council, shall be recognized as the official head of the city government for all execution of legal instruments, all ceremonial purposes, and by the governor for purposes of military laws. The mayor shall have no administrative duties. The mayor shall be elected for a term of three years. The annual salary is $4,200.
Candidates for this municipal elective office must be duly registered voters and residents within the corporate limits of the City of New Port Richey for at least six months prior to the election.
Qualifying begins on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at noon and ends on Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at noon. No qualifying documents will be accepted after that time.
The following two forms along with the election assessment fee of $42.00 may be received at any time. Please note that the election assessment fee cannot be presented in the form of a cashier’s check, official check or money order. A temporary check provided by the financial institution may be accepted.
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Depository (DS-DE 9)
- Statement of Candidate (DS-DE 84)
The following forms cannot be accepted until the qualifying period begins:
- Candidate Oath (Nonpartisan Office) (DS-DE 302NP)
- Form 1 Statement of Financial Interest
- Receipt of Notice of Public Test
- Acknowledgement of Electronic Filing Information
- Application for Political Signs
- Application for Handbill License
The following are other documents included in the candidate package but do not need to be returned to the City Clerk:
- Notice of Public Test
- Financial Reporting Dates
- Copy of Resolution Establishing Electronic Filing
- Section 106.0705, Florida Statutes
- Chapter 106 Finance Laws
- 2020 Municipal Candidate Guide
Persons wishing to receive qualifying documents via hard copy may pick them up at the City Clerk’s Office, Second Floor, City Hall, 5919 Main Street Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.