Fitness Center Supervisor
Fitness Center SupervisorDownload Application
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
REPORTS TO: Recreation Manager
CLASSIFICATION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY: $14.00 hourly – Part Time
This is a part-time position which is responsible for supervising the daily operation of the Fitness Center at the Recreation and Aquatic Center and the supervision and training of staff within the Fitness Center. Responsible for developing sustainable fitness programming for the Recreation and Aquatic Center and the Parks and Recreation Department.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the major tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position. Specific tasks on a day to day basis will reflect the overall areas of expertise for this position.
- Assisting the fitness center patrons by providing instruction and guidance for proper exercise techniques and equipment use.
- Ability to supervise and direct Recreation Leaders, and contractual personnel as assigned if needed.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating all fitness/wellness programs and classes as well as related special events
- Conducts fitness and wellness programs and classes in the Recreation and Aquatic Center and City Parks.
- Responsible for daily routine maintenance of the fitness center.
- Maintains records on all classes, equipment as well as keeping staff up to date and familiar with fitness center information.
- Performing regular safety checks on equipment and materials and to keep accurate records of repairs.
- Communicate effectively with Recreation and Aquatic Center Administrative Staff.
- Communicate with program instructors regarding rosters, payments, closures for holidays and other daily tasks.
- Strategically plan weekly, monthly and long term fitness center programming and attendance goals and action plans.
- Responsible for keeping members and visitors informed about holiday hours or any changes in the normal operating hours.
- Act as a liaison for staff to reach patrons through program promotion to fitness center users.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have applicable experience opening and closing facilities.
- Maintain reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must follow required safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgement.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and effectively with the public.
- Ability to listen and ascertain the needs of the customer.
- Experience with the internet, Microsoft office as well as P.O.S. software.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be First-Aid, CPR and AED certified.
- Graduate from High School or GED equivalent.
- Current NASM, ISSA, NSCA, ACE or ACSM certification preferred.
Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license. First Aid and CPR certifications are desirable and must be obtained within first six months of hire. Every New Port Richey employee is considered essential personnel and is required to fill out a Disaster Response Survey. You are subject to being required to report to work before, during, and after a declared disaster.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. This job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception and depth perception. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of up to the entire shift. Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
Ability to hear, speak and understand conversation in English in various tones of voice, as well as accents or rapidly spoken words. Ability to see, read, and comprehends letters, numbers, words, characters or symbols, which are both large and small. Ability to print and draw letters, numbers, words, characters and symbols which are legible and understood by others. Ability to learn tasks and remember how to complete tasks without assistance once trained.
Work often transfers from indoors to outdoors. Ability to accept and support the decisions made by others that may be in opposition of own views.
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com or sent/dropped of to 5919 Main Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652 EOE/DFWP