Firefighter EMT/ParamedicDownload Application
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
New Port Richey Fire Department- New Port Richey, Florida
IF APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED WITHIN THE LAST SIX MONTHS, THERE IS NO NEED TO REAPPLY
The New Port Richey Fire Department is currently recruiting qualified individuals to join our team of fire and emergency service professionals. If you are interested in a career with an established Department, please print out an application at https://www.cityofnewportrichey.org/jobs/firefighter-emt-paramedic/ or contact the City’s Human Resources Department at 727-853-1025. Completed applications can be submitted in person, by mail or fax, or email to HR@cityofnewportrichey.org
Overview of Position:
Full-Time professional firefighter whose general responsibilities include but are not limited to; fire suppression, rescue, medical care – BLS and ALS procedures per medical protocols, protection of life and property, fire prevention initiatives, community risk reduction, disaster preparedness and response, and the maintenance of equipment, apparatus, and facilities. All Firefighter/EMT personnel are required to obtain State of Florida Paramedic certification within 24 months of employment. Operations staff work a 24/48-hour schedule.
- Firefighter/Paramedic- $53,910 starting / $57,450 after one (1) year.
- Firefighter/EMT- $46,080 starting / $49,410 after one (1) year.
Other Financial Incentives include:
- Career Ladder Step Plan
- Paramedic- $1,800 annually
- Fire Inspector- $1,200 annually
- USAR- $300 annually
- Uniform Allowance- $650 annually
- Retirement, NPRF pension plan
- 144 hours annual vacation time
- 144 hours annual sick leave
- Holiday pay
- Floating holidays after one year
- Personal leave after one year
- Excellent health & dental insurance
- Annual life scan physical examination
Established in 1922 as a volunteer department New Port Richey is now a 2 station ALS non-transport provider located in Southwest Pasco County. The city encompasses 4.6 square miles and serves a population of over 16,000.
Drug free workplace:
The City of New Port Richey is a drug free work place. All applicants will be required to take a drug test after a conditional offer of employment is made and accepted. Employment will then be contingent upon successful completion/results of such drug test as well as successful completion of other pre-employment background information. Refusal to take a test, or failure to pass the test according to minimum standards, is cause for disqualification.
Tobacco free workplace (specific to the NPR Fire Department):
Applicants must not have used any form of tobacco products for one year prior to the date of State of Florida Firefighter certification. The New Port Richey Fire Department prohibits the use of any type of tobacco or forms of tobacco/nicotine products for the duration of employment, whether on or off duty. This includes the use of chewing tobacco, herbal cigarettes, nicotine gum, nicotine patches or the use of electronic cigarettes. Testing for nicotine products will be included with the above stated drug testing requirements, on an annual basis.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Graduate or GED
- Valid FLORIDA State Driver’s License Class “E”
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operation Course) 16-hour certificate
- CPR Certification
- ACLS Certification (paramedics)
- Ability to Read/Speak English
- State of Florida Firefighter II Certification
- State of Florida EMT/Paramedic Certification (Required to become Paramedic within 2 years)
- Ability to meet the physical requirements outlined in F.P.A 1582 and the ability to wear a respirator as prescribed by N.F.P.A.1500
- Applicants must have the ability to meet the entire Department Standard Operating Guidelines and General Orders.
Every New Port Richey employee is required to fill out a Disaster Response Survey. This position is to be considered an “essential personnel” and is required to report to duty for emergency situations.
- Written exam
- Candidates must provide a CPAT Certification or pass a physical abilities test upon successful completion of the written exam.
- Interview process
- Successful background, criminal, driving record and reference