Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic – Part Time
Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic - Part TimeDownload Application
Part time Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT Recruitment
IF APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED WITHIN THE LAST SIX MONTHS, THERE IS NO NEED TO REAPPLY
The New Port Richey Fire Department is currently recruiting qualified individuals to join our team of fire and emergency service professionals. If you are interested in a career with an established Department, please print out an application at www.cityofnewportrichey.org or contact the City’s Human Resources Department at 727-853-1025. Completed applications can be submitted in person, by mail or fax, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drug free workplace:
The City of New Port Richey is a drug free work place. All applicants will be required to take a drug test after a conditional offer of employment is made and accepted. Employment will then be contingent upon successful completion/results of such drug test as well as successful completion of other pre-employment background information. Refusal to take a test, or failure to pass the test according to minimum standards, is cause for disqualification.
Tobacco free workplace – (specific to the NPR Fire Department):
Applicants must not have used any form of tobacco products for one year prior to the date of State of Florida Firefighter certification. The New Port Richey Fire Department prohibits the use of any type of tobacco or forms of tobacco/nicotine products for the duration of employment, whether on or off duty. This includes the use of chewing tobacco, herbal cigarettes, nicotine gum, nicotine patches or the use of electronic cigarettes. Testing for nicotine products will be included with the above stated drug testing requirements, on an annual basis.
Firefighter/Paramedic: $12.42 per hour
Firefighter/EMT $11.43 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Graduate or GED
- Valid FLORIDA State Driver’s License Class “E”
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operation Course) 16-hour certificate
- CPR Certification
- AIDS/HIV (4 hours) training certificate
- ACLS Certification (paramedics)
- Ability to Read/Speak English
- State of Florida Firefighter II Certification
- State of Florida EMT/Paramedic Certification
- Ability to meet the physical requirements outlined in N.F.P.A 1582 and the ability to wear a respirator as prescribed by N.F.P.A. 1500
- Applicants must have the ability to meet the entire Department Standard Operating Guidelines and General Orders, including the G.O. Grooming Standards – no tattoos that are visible when in a class “B” uniform. (Short sleeve shirt)
- Applicant will be required to take a written examination and achieve a passing grade of 70 % or higher. Test includes 75% fire essentials and 25% emergency medical questions.
- Candidates must pass a physical abilities test upon successful completion of the written exam. CPAT certification is accepted.
- Oral interview by panel upon successful completion or prior two steps.
- Successful background, criminal, driving record and reference checks.
- Pass a complete physical meeting all requirements in NFPA 1582 and 1500.