Recreation Leader I
Recreation Leader IDownload Application
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
REPORTS TO: Recreation Supervisor I
CLASSIFICATION STATUS: Part Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $12.15 hourly
Under direction, monitoring the daily front desk operations which include checking in members, processing payments for classes and registrations, selling memberships and registering patrons for classes.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the major tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position. Specific tasks on a day to day basis will reflect the overall areas of expertise for this position.
- Assisting the public by providing information regarding recreational programming and services.
- Assist in organizing programs and prepare facilities for classes and special events.
- Following the daily cash handling procedures.
- Perform custodial duties in maintaining the interior and exterior of the facility.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of recreational equipment.
- Following and administering the policies and procedures set forth by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Assisting in special events as scheduled.
- Recognition of emergency situations and administering action as required.
- All other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge about the internet, word processing, e-mail and spreadsheet programs utilized by the City.
- Skill in using the internet, word processing, e-mail and spread sheet programs utilized by the City.
- Ability to listen and ascertain the needs of the customer.
- Ability to learn and implement Parks and Recreation Department Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple activities at once and work positively within a team model.
- Ability to lift, carry and put away items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to follow required safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both orally and in writing.
- Skilled in customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, agencies and the public.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience working with children and young adults, volunteering at recreational special events and youth camps and past involvement with Parks and Recreation Departments is desirable. One year of Parks and Recreation Department or youth camp employment experience is preferred. Graduate from High School or GED equivalent is preferred.
Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license. Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and during emergency situations as required. First Aid and CPR certifications are desirable and must be obtained within first six months of hire. Every New Port Richey employee is required to fill out a Disaster Response Survey and is subject to being required to report to work during a declared disaster.
Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. This job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception and depth perception. Ability to stand or sit for periods longer than 30 minutes but not to exceed six hours consecutively. Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
Ability to hear, speak and understand conversation in English in various tones of voice, as well as accents or rapidly spoken words. Ability to see, read, and comprehend letters, numbers, words, characters or symbols, which are both large and small. Ability to print and draw letters, numbers, words, characters and symbols which are legible and understood by others. Ability to learn tasks and remember how to complete tasks without assistance once trained.
Work often transfers from indoors to outdoors. Ability to accept and support the decisions made by others that may be in opposition of own views.
Applications can be emailed to HR@cityofnewportrichey.org, faxed to 727-853-1043 or sent/dropped off to 5919 Main Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652 DFWP/EOE