Help Desk Support Technician
Help Desk Support TechnicianDownload Application
DEPARTMENT: Technology Solutions
REPORTS TO: TS Director
CLASSIFICATION STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $13.01 – $19.51 hourly
This is an entry level position in the Technology Solutions department, under general supervision will perform technical and clerical computer operation tasks. These duties include user support and training, monitor systems status, troubleshoot PC and network problems, receive, log and remedy user calls.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the major tasks per- formed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position. Specific tasks on a day to day basis will reflect the overall areas of expertise for this position.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- First responder to requests for service and evaluates the nature of the request then logs it.
- Utilize and maintains the help desk tracking software.
- Performs initial troubleshooting on desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, phones and additional items under the support of Technology Solutions.
- Performs initial software troubleshooting on MS Office, Adobe, Java, Internet Explorer, Fire fox and other internal applications.
- Basic Troubleshooting with TCP/IP troubleshooting, LAN\WAN, etc.
- Assists with development of computer training for employees.
- Updates office documentation and user manuals as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of Technology Solutions equipment stock.
- Attend City meetings to run the audio-visual equipment, as needed.
- Assists in the deployment of new computer hardware such as desktops, laptops, printers, and additional items as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee will be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience supporting user level OS for Windows XP/7/8/10.
- Ability to support software applications including MS Office, Terminal Services, Adobe, Java, Internet Explorer, Fire fox and other internal applications.
- Experience with repair, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance for PC’s, laptops, printers and copiers.
- Basic experience with TCP/IP troubleshooting, VPN.
- Ability to follow established standards and make suggestions for improvement.
- Superior communication, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively produce user documentation.
- Desire to learn and expand existing technology expertise.
- Ability to adapt to new technology as necessary.
- Ability to work independently or under limited supervision from time to time.
- Ability to be on call and work a flex hour schedule.
- Ability to accurately perform detailed tasks and adjust and adapt to changing work processes.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and a minimum of one year entry level experience in the field of Information Technology. A+, Net + Certifications, Computer hardware and strong MS office knowledge preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must maintain a valid personal telephone number.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle to conduct site visits, pick up or deliver computer components, or perform other work activities.
Tasks require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-25 pounds).
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds, visual cues or signals. Employee must also have the ability to print and draw letters, numbers, words, characters and symbols which are legible and understood by others.
Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dust, odors, machinery, electric currents, bright/dim light, or traffic hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to deal with routine deadlines, occupational problems and frustrated users. Tact and respect are always required when dealing with users, fellow employees, department heads, constitutional officers, the general public and all other persons or entities.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org faxed to 727-853-1043 or mailed/dropped off to 5919 Main Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652 DFWP/EOE
The City of New Port Richey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of New Port Richey provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and cur- rent employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.