Customer Service Representative
Customer Service RepresentativeDownload Application
DEPARTMENT: Finance – Billing & Collection
REPORTS TO: Billing & Collection Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY: $12.42 hourly
This position requires experience with computer data-entry and inquiry, customer service, and processing cash receipts for the many varieties of monies paid to and received by the City.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the major tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position. Specific tasks on a day to day basis will reflect the overall areas of expertise for this position.
- Responsible for covering the front counter, processing all types of payments, including but not limited to utility, building permits, assessment payments, parking fines, garage sale permits, and other miscellaneous receipts.
- This person must be able to communicate easily and clearly in person and on the phone; as the Customer Service Clerks handle the majority of the incoming calls.
- Must be able to handle large sums of cash, give change, accept checks, process credit card payments, prepare deposits, and perform daily balancing procedures.
- Responsible for signing in and out utility customers and answering questions regarding their account.
- Verifies and processes deposits from the Library, Recreation Center, and Police Department.
- Assists the Cashier in processing mail if needed.
- Processes returned mail from the Post Office and other correspondence.
- Filing of reports and service orders, etc., and other related office procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Customer Service.
- Adequate Keyboard Skills and Data Entry Knowledge.
- Cashier or equivalent skills in handling money.
- Skilled in listening and following direction.
- Ability to remain composed in a stressful situation.
- Ability to accurately maintain records and files.
- Working knowledge of the internet, computer systems and applications.
- Ability to enter data and type detailed information proficiently in relation to customer accounts.
- Ability to establish a successful working relationship with other employees.
- Knowledge of basic communication skills both on the phone and in person.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Windows and Word or relative PC experience beneficial.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license. Every New Port Richey employee is required to fill out a Disaster Response Survey and is subject to being required to report to work during a declared disaster.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and routine keyboard operations. The job has no significant environmental hazards exposure. The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception. Ability to stand and sit for periods longer than 30 minutes but not to exceed four hours consecutively. Ability to lift boxes not exceeding 25 pounds occasionally.
Ability to hear, speak and understand conversation in English in various tones of voice, as well as accents or words rapidly spoken in order to be able to do job. Ability to see, read, and comprehend letters, numbers, words, character or symbols, which are both large and small. Ability to print and draw numbers, words, characters and symbols which are legible and understood by others. Ability to learn complex tasks and remember how to complete tasks without assistance once trained.
Work is performed in a normal office environment with little or no exposure to outdoor temperatures or dirt and dust. The working conditions are typically quiet.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or sent/dropped off to 5919 Main St., New Port Richey, FL 34652 DFWP/EOE