Child Watch Attendant
Child Watch AttendantDownload Application
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
REPORTS TO: Recreation Manager
CLASSIFICATION STATUS: Part Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $13.01 hourly
The Child Watch attendant is responsible for the implementation and facilitation of short-term child care service for children ages 6 months – 8 years of age. Attendants will help implement a variety of activities which may include; sports, active games, arts and crafts, and various recreational, educational, or cultural enrichment programming.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the major tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position. Specific tasks on a day to day basis will reflect the overall areas of expertise for this position.
- Supervising the children in the child watch facility while providing a safe and enjoyable experience according the policies and procedures set by the City of New Port Richey, Recreation and Aquatic Center.
- Maintain visual and auditory supervision of the children at all times while in the child watch facility.
- Responsible for organizing and planning enjoyable and safe activities for the participants in the child watch facility.
- Maintains child watch facility and completes general housekeeping tasks and keeping a clean safe environment for everyone.
- Performing regular safety checks on equipment and materials and to report any hazards immediately to a supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with parents/guardians and maintaining a clear strong line of communication with back up methods to ensure the timeliness of information being back and forth.
- Communicate with parents or guardians regarding closures for holidays and other items of importance.
- Responsible for keeping members and visitors informed about holiday hours or any changes in the normal operating hours.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Conduct a TB test prior to beginning employment.
- Maintain reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must follow required safety precautions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and effectively with the public.
- Ability to listen and ascertain the needs of the customer.
- Experience with the internet, Microsoft office as well as P.O.S. software.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Comfortable with working on computers and using various technologies as part of the child watch program.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must receive and maintain CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne pathogen.
- Child Abuse and Drug and alcohol abuse training certificates preferred.
- Graduate from High School or GED equivalent and be 18 years of age.
- Six months or more previous experience with children and child care preferred.
Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license. Must pass: Drug screening, criminal background check and level II sexual predator screening. Every New Port Richey employee is considered essential personnel and is required to fill out a Disaster Response Survey. You are subject to being required to report to work before, during, and after a declared disaster.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. This job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception and depth perception. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of up to the entire shift. Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
Ability to hear, speak and understand conversation in English in various tones of voice, as well as accents or rapidly spoken words. Ability to see, read, and comprehends letters, numbers, words, characters or symbols, which are both large and small. Ability to print and draw letters, numbers, words, characters and symbols which are legible and understood by others. Ability to learn tasks and remember how to complete tasks without assistance once trained.
Ability to accept and support the decisions made by others that may be in opposition of own views. Work well while multitasking and keeping track of various activities in a noisy and fast paced environment.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 727-853-1043 or sent/dropped off to 5919 Main St., New Port Richey, FL 34652 EOE/DFWP