Hire an Off-Duty Police Officer
The New Port Richey Police Department (NPRPD) recognizes that individual parties may require a law enforcement presence unrelated to the City. The hiring of an off-duty officer is a non-binding agreement and the NPRPD may cancel this request without advance notice or cause at any time for reasons such as emergencies, the inability to find an officer available for the event, or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- The NPRPD requires that any request for an off-duty detail be for at least two hours.
- The hiring party shall be held liable to pay compensation for the officer(s) for the full hours scheduled, even if they are released early by the hiring party.
- The hiring party shall also compensate the officer(s) for any additional hours worked beyond those originally scheduled.
- The hiring party will be accountable for the two-hour minimum payment if they fail to notify the NPRPD of cancellation by at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
- The NPRPD special detail rate per officer is $40.00/hour.
If you need to hire an officer or want more information, please contact Sergeant Erik Jay at (727) 232-8928 or by email.