New Port Richey Public Library
Co-sponsored Event Proposal Form
Library events are created, scheduled and implemented with our mission in mind: We transform lives with a curriculum that improves literacy, engages community, advances knowledge and sparks creative expression. Our curriculum includes participatory classes, individualized research assistance, innovative technology, relevant resources, and inspiring experiences that measurably empower our community.
Library events are typically presented by professional library staff, however the Library will co-sponsor classes, workshops and events with other organizations when compatible with the Library’s mission. Selection of topics, classes, events and presenters will be made by the Library staff on the basis of needs and interests of the community and compatibility with the Library’s mission and goals. Co-sponsored events will be assigned a staff member to act as event supervisor and will be included in Library marketing and promotional materials. Events that are not selected to be co-sponsored may still use Library meeting rooms, pending availability.
If you are interested in presenting a class, workshop or event at the New Port Richey Public Library, please review the information below, and submit your proposal via the online form. Proposals for sponsorship are reviewed by Library staff on a quarterly schedule, using the following deadlines:
Mar. 1: programs which take place in Jul, Aug or Sept
Jun. 1: programs which take place in Oct, Nov or Dec
Sept. 1: programs which take place in Jan, Feb, or Mar
Dec. 1: programs which take place in Apr, May or Jun
Anyone submitting a proposal agrees to the following:
- Library internal classes, workshops and events receive first consideration in scheduling the meeting rooms.
- The Library will designate a staff member to act as event supervisor. The event supervisor will be responsible for ensuring proper set-up and clean-up of the meeting room space and keep count of the number of attendees.
- All classes, workshops and events must be non-commercial. No solicitation for business or sale of goods or services will be permitted unless approved by the Library Director in advance.
- Presenters are not allowed to collect contact information from attendees but are encouraged to provide their information so attendees may contact them.
- Performers and musicians will obtain any necessary permission and/or license for any non-original works used for any library event.
- Nails, thumbtacks, or other fasteners may not be used to attach anything to the structure or to the furnishings. No posters or paraphernalia may be attached to the walls or furnishing in any manner. Decorations may be used on the tables only. Candles are not permitted. Use of tobacco products and consumption of alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- All classes, workshops and events must be free and open to everyone.
- Approved proposals may appear on the library’s website and in press releases, flyers, calendars and social media. The Library’s logo, website or phone number may not be used in any publicity unless approved by the Library Director.
- Presentation of an event at the New Port Richey Public Library shall not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the group, its policies or activities by the New Port Richey Public Library or the City of New Port Richey.
The Library reserves the right to:
- Limit attendance due to space constraints or safety issues.
- Require registration for planning purposes or when space is limited.
- Cancel or reschedule a class, workshop or event at the Library’s discretion
- Deny attendance to anyone who is disruptive or who violates the Library’s Code of Conduct.
Please fill in the accompanying form and submit. A Library staff member will contact you once your proposal has been reviewed.