2017 CRA Update
Five years have passed since the New Port Richey Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) last updated its redevelopment plan. The plan is updated periodically taking into consideration the community’s accomplishments, continuing and emerging needs, and evolving vision for the future.
Public input is a key ingredient in the planning process. That’s why there will be multiple opportunities for residents and others with a stake in New Port Richey’s future to share ideas and opinions about the built environment, economic development, and other topics of importance to our city.
The City will host community participation events throughout the CRA update process to include:
- Interviews and public meetings with stakeholders and development of a Public Involvement Plan
- Visioning workshops and open houses with citizens and stakeholders to discuss a draft CRA plan
Community redevelopment initiatives are most successful with a high-level of community input. The objectives of the Public Involvement Plan are to:
- Engage a broad and representative cross-section of community stakeholders in the planning and decision-making processes
- Solicit public participation in each stage of the planning process
- Encourage the involvement of stakeholders most affected by proposed actions
- Distribute project information to the public to support and encourage effective participation
- Document the results of public engagement and how public input is being incorporated into the project decision-making process
Information regarding the events will be posted as they are scheduled and also shared via City Newsletter and the City of New Port Richey website.